No products in the cart.
Biryani is not a food, it’s a feeling!
Biryani is a celebration of all that is great about Indian food.
Etpsonline provides a perfect blend of spices for the perfect Biryani! The biryani masala powder is an essential item in a typical Indian kitchen. Hence Etpsonline here provides you with the best Biryani Masala Powder & Lal Mirch Powder from Chuk-de, to make your biryani taste even better. These masalas are added to the Cooked rice and veggies, the Chuk-de biryani masala powder gives rise to an aromatic and flavourful Biryani that will steal everyone’s hearts.
Preparation for Chicken Biryani Recipe
1. Make a few slits on all the chicken pieces and add to a large bowl. Then add
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt (Indian curd).
- 1 and one-fourth tablespoons ginger garlic paste.
- Half to 1 tablespoon Chukde Biryani Masala Powder.
- Half teaspoon salt.
- Half to 1 teaspoon Chukde Lal Mirch Powder.
- One Fourth teaspoon ground turmeric.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional).
2. Mix everything well and marinate the chicken. Cover and set this aside for 1 hour. You can also rest it overnight in the fridge.
3. Meanwhile add 2 cups of basmati rice to a large pot and rinse it at least thrice. Drain and soak in fresh water for 30 mins. Drain to a colander after 30 mins.
Optional – Soak a pinch of saffron strands in 2 tablespoons hot milk.
4. Heat ghee or oil in a heavy bottom pot or pressure cooker. Make sure you use a large one for this. Using whole spices is optional but recommended. Use whatever you have. Try using:
- 1 bay leaf.
- 4 green cardamoms.
- 6 cloves.
- 1-inch cinnamon piece.
- 1-star anise.
- Three fourth teaspoon shahi jeera (caraway seeds).
- 1 strand mace.
5. Add thinly sliced onions. On a medium heat, fry them stirring often until uniformly light brown.
6. This is the correct color of the onions. Do not burn them as they leave a bitter taste.
7. Add marinated chicken & saute until it becomes pale for 5 minutes.
8. Lower the flame completely. Cover and cook until the chicken is soft, tender and completely cooked.
9. Check if the chicken is cooked by pricking with a fork or knife. It has to be just cooked and not overdone. Evaporate any excess moisture left in the pot by cooking further without the lid.
10. Taste test and add more salt if needed. I added One fourth more salt here.
- One-fourth cup plain yogurt (Indian curd).
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (or biryani masala).
- One fourth to Half teaspoon red chili powder (optional).
- 1 slit green chili pepper (optional).
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves (pudina).
11. Mix everything well. Spread it evenly in a single layer.
12. Layer drained rice all over the chicken. To a separate bowl, pour 3 cups of water and add One-fourth to Half teaspoon salt. If cooking in a pot, start with 3 cups of water at this stage. Stir and taste the water. It must be slightly salty. Pour 2 cups of this across the sides of the cooker or pot. Pour the rest of the water over the rice gently.
13. Level the rice gently on top. Add 2 tablespoons more mint leaves. Do not mix up everything, the taste of the biryani cooked in the shown method is good. Optionally you can sprinkle 2 tablespoons fried onions & saffron soaked milk.
14. Finally cover the pot or cooker.
If cooking in a pot, cook on medium heat until the rice is done completely. If the rice is undercooked pour One-fourth to Half cup boiling water at this stage. How much to add depends on the quality of basmati rice. Cook covered until the biryani rice is perfectly done, grainy, and fully cooked. Rest it covered for 15 mins.
If cooking in a cooker, cook for 1 whistle. Later remove the cooker from the hot burner to stop cooking further.
15. When the pressure releases naturally, open the lid. Gently fluff up with a fork. And now your tasty CHICKEN BIRYANI is ready to Serve !!! The top layer consists of rice and the bottom layer with chicken.
Don’t forget to Enjoy it with RAITA.
Trust me, adding Chukde Biryani Masala Powder & Chukde Lal Mirch Powder from Etpsonline to your biryani will make a huge difference and you will take more than one serving, as it’s going to taste that deliciously. So visit our website and add these delicious desi masalas to your kitchen. Etpsonline is the home of good spices.
Buy Chukde Spices Lal Mirch Powder & Get Chukde Biryani Masala Powder Free
- Hot Spice: Known To Add Colour To Food, Lal Mirch Also Accelerates The Sense Of Taste. Besides Giving Smouldering Sensation, The Spice Is A Powerhouse Of Several Restorative And Health Benefitting Properties.
- Taste Profile: The Pantry Chilli Powder Has A Crimson Red Colour. Stronger The Colour, Stronger The Flavour.